MID WINTER FRIDAY NIGHT DINNER
JANUARY 23, 2015
AT SPRINGFIELD VFW POST HOME
5344 MAIN STREET
5PM – 8PM
CHICKEN FRIED STEAK DINNER
WITH SALAD & DESSERT
Please RSVP to Department Headquarters by January 19th. Phone 503-255-5808
WHITE CITY GIFT SHOP is December 4th and 5th.
Items are for teens, female and male. We are also short on items for men.
Thank you, Deputy Pat Wright
AUXILIARY AND DISTRICT TREASURERS
Make sure your Auxiliary and District taxes are filed by November 15, 2014. If you are having problems please contact Department Treasurer, Judy Jackson, at 541-548-5796. If this is NOT done you’re Auxiliary or District can lose the non-profit status.
LADIES AUXILIARY TO THE VETERANS OF FOREIGN WARS
DEPARTMENT OF OREGON
GENERAL ORDERS #3
MUST BE READ AT THE FIRST REGULAR MEETING
FOLLOWING RECEIIPT BEFORE FILED FOR REFERENCE
THE OREGON VFW SHALL BE DEEMED SUFFICIENT AND LAWFUL NOTICE
TO ALL DEPARTMENT MEMBERS FOR ANY AND ALL PURPOSE
- The annual Mid-Winter Conference, Voice of Democracy Banquet, and Council of Administration Meeting will be held January 24-25, 2015, inSpringfield, Oregon at the Holiday Inn. Please do not wait until the last minute to make reservations and order your banquet tickets.
- Audits for the period ending September 30, 2014 are past due. Please submit immediately if not already on file.
- Department Standing Rules will be presented and acted upon at the Council of Administration meeting January 25, 2015.
- ATTENTION LADIES AUXILIARY SECRETARIES: It is a transfer member’s responsibility to secure a statement from the Ladies Auxiliary in which she previously held membership advising that continuous membership was held at the time of transfer, giving date of election to membership and certifying continuous years of membership. This statement must be signed by the Ladies Auxiliary President and Treasurer. Please refer to Nat’l Bylaws’ Sec. 113,113A, 113B.
- Please check to make sure your Ladies Auxiliary has sent a donation to National Military Services fund. Remember, even the smallest donation counts.
- Cancer Aid & Research contributions (at least $2 per member) are to be sent to the Department Treasurer. Don’t wait until March and realize you haven’t made a donation, send it now.
- Please check to make sure your Ladies Auxiliary has sent a donation in for the Voice of Democracy and Patriots Pen Scholarships. Donations are due to the Department Treasurer by January 15, 2015 to be awarded this year.
- The National Ladies Auxiliary VFW Mid-Winter Conference will be held February 12-15, 2015 in Anaheim,CA. Registration information is available online at ladiesauxvfw.org under NEWS/EVENT INFORMATION.
- Ladies Auxiliary members are reminded that the emblem of the Ladies Auxiliary belongs to the National Organization. No one shall manufacture or have manufactured or reproduced the emblem without written permission given by the National President. Please refer to the National Bylaws Sec. 1004.
BY ORDER OF ATTEST
Linda Rose Jan Halverson
Department President Department Secretary
WEB SITE EMAIL ADDRESS CHANGE
The Auxiliary web site has a new web master. Please send anything you want put on the web page to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure it is in Word and is sent as attachment. Also please make sure there is a subject of where you want the information to go (ie Membership, Events, Americanism, ect.) If this is not possible for you to do please send it to me either by email or snail mail. THANK YOU very much Jessie Stober for all the work you have done getting this web page up and running for the Department. Jan Halverson, Department Secretary.