New Membership Applications are available on the National Website. Please make sure you are using the new forms while recruiting new member.
Mid Winter Hotel and Banquet information is located under Events-Upcoming Events and in the Newsletter portion of the website, both are located under the News tab.
AUXILIARY TO THE VETERANS OF FOREIGN WARS
DEPARTMENT OF OREGON
THE AUXILIARY TO THE VETERANS OF FOREIGN WARS DEPARTMENT OF OREGON
GENERAL ORDERS #2
2015 – 2016 SERIES
SEPTEMBER – OCTOBER 2015
MUST BE READ AT THE FIRST REGULAR MEETING FOLLOWING RECEIPT BEFORE BEING FILED FOR REFERENCE;
THE OREGON VFW AUXILIARY WEB SITE SHALL BE DEEMED SUFFICIENT AND LAWFUL NOTICE TO ALL DEPARTMENT MEMBERS FOR ANY AND ALL PURPOSE
1. Contributions are now in order for the Hospital Christmas Cheer Fund. Send your donations to the Department Treasurer and earmark for “Hospital Xmas Fund.” Donations must be received by November 30, 2015 for the money to make it to the hospitals.
2. Attention all members: Please remember that any communications for the National Headquarters must go through proper channels on the way to National.
3. Auxiliaries that fail to elect and install officers are not in good standing and are at risk of being cancelled for failure to comply with the National Bylaws.
4. TRUSTEES: Third quarter audits (July – September) are to be mailed to the Department Treasurer no later than October 30, 2015.
5. Contributions to the VFW National Home for Children Health & Happiness/Christmas Cheer fund are now due. Ten cents ($0.10) or more per member based on June 30, 2015 membership.
7. Auxiliaries are encouraged to send donations in for the Voice of Democracy and Patriot Pen program to the Department Treasurer before December.
8. September is Military Suicide Awareness Month for the Auxiliary VFW. Every member is encouraged to print out the teardrop sticker available atwww.auxvfw.org and wear one everyday to promote awareness of the stresses facing our returning military soldiers.
9. AUXILIARIES: Please see that your program report forms are up to date and mailed or emailed to the Department Chairman.
10. TREASURERS: You can now file your taxes by E-Card. Remember to file before November. Also, please send in address changes and death notices as they are received. Do not wait until the end of the year.
12. All Auxiliaries shall drape their Charter for 30 days in memory of Past National President Vona Houtz who passed away July 27, 2015 and Past Department President Delores Coover who passed away August 4, 2015.
13. By order of National President Francisca Guilford, the Charter of Santiam Canyon Auxiliary #5638 is hereby cancelled as of August 5, 2015.
BY ORDER OF ATTEST
ROSE MARIE ALLYN JAN HALVERSON
DEPARTMENT PRESIDENT DEPARTMENT SECRETARY
WEBSITE CONTACT INFORMATION:
Please send anything you want put on the web page to email@example.com. Make sure it is in Word and is sent as attachment. Also please make sure there is a subject of where you want the information to go (ie Membership, Events, Americanism, ect.) Thank you, Chris Website person