LADIES AUXILIARY TO THE
VETERANS OF FOREIGN WARS
DEPARTMENT OF OREGON
GENERAL ORDERS #5
MUST BE READ AT THE FIRST REGULAR MEETING FOLLOWING
RECEIPT BEFORE BEING FILED FOR REFERENCE.
THE OREGON VFW SHALL BE DEEMED SUFFICIENT AND LAWFUL
NOTICE TO ALL DEPARTMENT MEMBERS FOR ANY AND ALL PURPOSE.
1. ALL SISTERS: Please choose wisely the Sisters you elect in April for your Ladies Auxiliary for the 2014-15 year. Remember, they are representing you and our organization.
2. SECRETARIES: Please submit the Report of Election of Officers to the Department Secretary immediately following your election so that your officers will be included in the Department Roster. Please make sure to send in your warrant request in plenty of time to get it back for your installation.
3. Please be reminded that a Trustee may hold another elective office in your Auxiliary. However, a Trustee may not hold the office of President, Secretary or Treasurer. See Section 801, page 57
4. The Ladies Auxiliary President-elect shall select the Installing Officer, who must be a Past Ladies Auxiliary President or one who has held a higher elective office in the Ladies Auxiliary or a Past Post Commander. Ladies Auxiliary Officers shall be installed in their respective offices not more than 60 days prior to the convening of the Department Convention, but shall not assume their duties until the Department President is installed. (See Article VIII, Sec. 806A).
5. Delegates and Alternates to the Department Convention shall be elected at a regular meeting of the Ladies Auxiliary held not less than thirty (30) days prior to the Department Convention. One (1) delegate and (1) one alternate for each fifteen (15) members or fraction thereof in good standing in the Ladies Auxiliary at the time of election. The Delegate fees shall be paid by each Ladies Auxiliary for each and every delegate to which each Ladies Auxiliary is entitled regardless of attendance. This registration fee must also be paid by each member included in the composition of the Department Convention to be allowed to vote. The registration fee is to be sent to Department Treasurer.
6. Delegates and Alternates to the National Convention shall be elected at the last regular meeting in April. The Ladies Auxiliary Secretary shall either enter those delegates names herself online or forward the delegate form to the Department Secretary or National Headquarters for entry within five (5) days of the date of election and by May 31, 2014.
7. PRESIDENTS & SECRETARIES: All forms needed for reports on elections, delegates to District, Department and National Convention, and all year-end report forms were included in the packets you received at Mid-Winter Conference. If you were not there, the Department Secretary will be able to inform you who signed for your packet or if it was mailed to you. If you have not received your packet by the time you are reading this please notify the Department Secretary immediately.
8. Please note the deadline dates on your year-end reports. Check now to see that your Ladies Auxiliary has met all the goals for each program. Please report by the deadline so the Department Chairmen can complete their year-end reports.
9. New report forms for April 2014 – March 2015 shall be disbursed at your Spring District Meeting. If your Ladies Auxiliary is not in attendance, the Ladies Auxiliary President should contact your District President for the forms.
10. All traveling plaques must be returned to the Department Secretary no later than April 15th.
11. The final Council of Administration meeting for 2013-14 shall take place in Canyonville, Oregon, at the Seven Feathers Casino at 7pm on June 4,2014.
12. Department Convention will be held at the Seven Feathers Casino in Canyonville, Oregon, on June 4th-7th, 2014. The Joint Installation of Officers will take place on Saturday, June 7, 2014, at 6pm.
13. The Department has received word that our National Representative at Department Convention will be National President Sissy Borel from the Department of Louisiana.
14. Please read the page of Candidate Endorsements sent to your Ladies Auxiliary at your next meeting.
15 Registration for the 2014 National Convention and its activities is now open. Registration materials are available in the VFW National Magazine and online at www.ladiesauxvfw.org. Registration for the National President’s Banquet and the 45+ Luncheon are due by May 31, 2014.
16. Resolutions that will be considered at the National Convention in July will be disbursed to each Ladies Auxiliary for their review. If you have questions or concerns please contact our National Council Member, Elizabeth Benson.
17. All ladies Auxiliaries shall drape their Charter for 30 days in memory of Past Department President Janet Bennett.
BY ORDER OF ATTEST
Iona Kline Jan Halverson
Department President Department Secretary