Our National Rep for Mid-Winter:
National District Council Member #17
Elizabeth Benson, of Salt Lake City, Utah, represents Nevada,Oregon and Utah on the National Council of Administration, which governs the Ladies Auxiliary to the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States between National Conventions.
Installed at the 100th National Convention in Louisville, Kentucky, she is serving a two-year term as one of 28 representatives who make up the Council along with the top seven National Officers, the National Chief of Staff, and the four Junior Past National Presidents.
A life member of Ben G. Russo Auxiliary #3586, she has served in many capacities for the organization including Auxiliary, District and State President. On the National Level she has served as Western Conference Chairman for the Legislative program.
She joined on the eligibility of her grandfather W. Jay Houtz, who served in the Navy 2nd Marine Division 1943-1946.
In her spare time she enjoys cooking, writing, painting, sculpting and many forms of dancing. She loves superhero movies, comic books and animals.
The Department is in need of a Musician for Mid-Winter Conference and for Department Convention. They MUST be a member of the Auxiliary. Judith’s health is not allowing her to fulfill her position. If you know of someone that can play please contact either Department President Linda or Department Secretary Jan. Thank you
MID WINTER FRIDAY NIGHT DINNER
JANUARY 23, 2015
AT SPRINGFIELD VFW POST HOME
5344 MAIN STREET
5PM – 8PM
CHICKEN FRIED STEAK DINNER
WITH SALAD & DESSERT
Please RSVP to Department Headquarters by January 19th. Phone 503-255-5808
LADIES AUXILIARY VFW
“In Fortitude and Loyalty”
DATE: December 12, 2014
TO: National Line Officers, Past National Presidents,
NDCMs, National Appointed Officers, Department
Conductresses and Patriotic Instructors, Department
Presidents, Sr. Vice Presidents, Secretaries and Treasurers
FROM: Jan Owens, National Secretary-Treasurer
SUBJECT: Correction—Ritual—General Instructions, page 2 and
Ladies Auxiliary VFW Floor Plans, pages 85-107
It has been called to our attention that the floor plan diagrams showing
the placement of the POW-MIA flag are incorrect; therefore, we ask
that all Ladies Auxiliaries that chose to display the POW-MIA Flag
place it immediately to the inside of the Auxiliary Banner Bearer’s
Additionally, we ask that all members be informed that the statement “If
posted, this flag is placed to the immediate right of the American
Flag” [found on page 2 of the General Instructions to the Ritual] is to be
corrected as follows: “If posted, this flag is placed to the inside of the
Ladies Auxiliary Banner Bearer’s flag.”
When the Ritual is revised, these corrections will be made to the General
Instructions and floor plan diagrams
ATTENTION AUXILIARY TREASURERS:
If your Auxiliary voted to raise the dues, please let the Department Secretary and National know!!!!
LADIES AUXILIARY TO THE VETERANS OF FOREIGN WARS
DEPARTMENT OF OREGON
GENERAL ORDERS #4
JANUARY – FEBRUARY, 2015
MUST BE READ AT THE FIRST REGULAR MEETING
FOLLOWING RECEIPT BEFORE BEING FILED FOR REFERENCE
THE OREGON VFW AUXILIARY WEB SITE SHALL BE DEEMED SUFFICIENT AND LAWFUL
NOTICE TO ALL DEPARTMENT MEMBERS FOR ANY AND ALL PURPOSE
- TRUSTEES: The audit for October, November December 31, 2014 and is conducted during the month of January and due to the Department Treasurer by January 30, 2015.
- TREASURERS: Members who have not paid their 2014 dues are no longer members in good standing and cannot attend meetings, hold office, or be a program chairman or receive a cancer grant if otherwise eligible. Therefore, it is most important that you send notices.Remember, there are no more dues notices mailed from National. Payment of dues immediately reinstates all privileges.
- Please be reminded that ALL monies received by a Ladies Auxiliary are to be given to the Ladies Auxiliary Treasurer for deposit to the proper account of the Ladies Auxiliary at all levels. Checks made out to the Ladies Auxiliary are never cashed by any member other than the Treasurer for any purpose.
- Please make sure the Creative Patriotic Art Program has been presented to your schools. Entries must be to the Ladies Auxiliary Chairman no later than March 31, 2015. Ladies Auxiliary winners must be to the Department Chairman by April 15, 2015. If you have multiple entries submitted to your Ladies Auxiliary, consider asking a neighboring Ladies Auxiliary to sponsor some. Please also consider donating money to help with the awards for our Department winners. Remember ladies, this is OUR program.
- Now is the time to check and see if your Ladies Auxiliary has met all the donations for the year. You still have time to participate in any programs lacking. Please work toward being 100% participating.
- Ladies Auxiliary packets will be disbursed at our Department Mid-Winter meeting January 24, 2015. These packets will include your year-end reports, delegate forms for District, Department and National Conventions, and forms for your elections. If your Ladies Auxiliary is not in attendance, your packet will be mailed or delivered to you by February 15, 2015, by the Department Secretary or your District President.
- Notice has been received that the National Representative at Mid-Winter Conference will be National Council Member District #17 Elizabeth Benson from Utah.
BY ORDER OF: ATTEST:
Linda Rose Jan Halverson
Department President Department Secretary
WEB SITE EMAIL ADDRESS CHANGE
The Auxiliary web site has a new web master. Please send anything you want put on the web page to email@example.com. Make sure it is in Word and is sent as attachment. Also please make sure there is a subject of where you want the information to go (ie Membership, Events, Americanism, ect.) If this is not possible for you to do please send it to me either by email or snail mail. THANK YOU very much Jessie Stober for all the work you have done getting this web page up and running for the Department. Jan Halverson, Department Secretary.