Information for Convention June 2016
For the Meal Information and other Convention Information go to the Upcoming Events menu located under the News tab.
Joan Penney Youth Activities Ambassador 2015-2016
Joan Penney of Platte City, Missouri, currently serves the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States Auxiliary as the 2015-2016 National Ambassador for the Youth Activities Program.
A Life Member of Jackson Harris Auxiliary #1191 in Paducah, Kentucky, she joined on the eligibility of her husband, Michael, who served in the United States Army from 1972-1994.
She has served the organization in many capacities, including Auxiliary, District and Department President. In her spare time she enjoys cooking and owns a personal chef business, Thyme4Dinner.
Joan’s family includes her husband, Michael, three sons and five grandchildren.
Have you purchased your Buddy Poppies yet?
Buddy Poppies are such an important part of our programs. From creation to distribution, they help veterans. To see exactly how the program works, go to www.VFWAuxiliary.org and click on Programs, then Veterans & Family Support and look for the link to a YouTube video on Buddy Poppies. It will only take a few minutes to view. Share it with your friends too! I posted it on my Facebook page in the hope that my Facebook friends will share it on their pages.
Let’s all do our part. Purchase Buddy Poppies and set up some times to distribute them. It doesn’t have to be on a patriotic holiday – any day can be Buddy Poppy Day! There is no better way to build up your Relief Fund and it is a great way to let the public know what the Buddy Poppy and our organization are all about.
Valorie Wrinkle, Veterans & Family Support Chairman
AUXILIARY TO THE VETERANS OF FOREIGN WARS
DEPARTMENT OF OREGON
GENERAL ORDERS #6
MAY – JUNE 2016
MUST BE READ AT THE FIRST REGULAR MEETING FOLLOWING
RECEIPT BEFORE BEING FILED FOR REFERENCE.
THE OREGON AUXILIARY VFW WEB SITE SHALL BE DEEMED SUFFICIENT AND LAWFUL NOTICE TO ALL DEPARTENT MEMBERS FOR ANY AND ALL PURPOSE.
1. THANK YOU TO THOSE Ladies Auxiliaries that helped sponsor a Patriot Art entry.
2. The first Council of Administration meeting for 2016-7 shall be held Sunday, June 12, 2016 at Kah Nee Ta Spa and Resort in Warm Springs, OR.
3. Department Officers who will not be attending Department Convention must notify the Department President immediately and must mail their Department badge to the Department Treasurer (insured). Those failing to return their badge will be charged for the cost of replacement.
4. Any Ladies Auxiliary failing to have four (4) consecutive audits for 2015-2016 on file with the Department Treasurer and complying with Section 814 of the National Bylaws, the office of President and Treasurer bonded, and other financial obligations or supply money to National Headquarters, will be denied voting privileges on all levels. All rights shall be promptly restored upon proper adjustment of such deficiencies. See Section 309, page 37.
5. Please make sure the Report of Election and Installation of Officers is mailed immediately after the Installation of Officers to the Department Secretary or input online by the Auxiliary Secretary in accordance with instruction received from the Department Secretary
6. Department Officers and Chairman: Please mail any vouchers you have to the Department President ASAP. All vouchers must be in by May 20th unless related to the Department Convention expenses.
7. Ladies Auxiliary Schools of Instruction will be held in Pendleton on 8/13/16, Molalla on 8/20/16 and Sutherlin on 8/27/15. All members should plan on attending a School of Instruction as there are more changes occurring during the upcoming year.
8. There is no proxy voting in any Auxiliary elections. (See Demeter’s manual).
9. Joan Penney, National Ambassador for Youth Activities, will be the National Representative at the Department Convention.
BY ORDER OF ATTEST
ROSE MARIE ALLYN JAN HALVERSON
DEPARTMENT PRESIDENT DEPARTMENT SECRETARY
Veteran and Family Support Fundraiser
We are asking once again for each District in the Department of Oregon to provide one basket for a Silent Auction to be held at the State Convention at the Kah-Nee-Ta Resort and Spa in Warm Springs June 8 through 12, 2016. All proceeds from the Auction will go to the National Veterans Services and Veteran & Military Support Programs.
Need some ideas for themes? How about a wagon filled with gardening supplies; a colander filled with kitchen items; a basket of goodies for “game night”; a large popcorn bucket filled with “movie night” snacks; a “road trip” basket filled with snacks and activities for the road; an assortment of lottery tickets; fill a basket with chocolate items; an ice bucket with a wine selection, the possibilities are endless! Of course you don’t have to have a theme for your basket. Just fill something with random items that you think people might be tempted to bid on.
Please ask each Auxiliary in your District to provide something for the basket and bring it to Convention. Let’s raise some money for these important programs and have fun competing to win something fabulous!
WEBSITE CONTACT INFORMATION:
Please send anything you want put on the web page to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure it is in Word and is sent as attachment. Also please make sure there is a subject of where you want the information to go (ie Membership, Events, Americanism, ect.) Thank you, Chris Website person