Ann Panteleakos National President 2014-2015
Ann Panteleakos of Plainfield, Connecticut, was elected National President of the Ladies Auxiliary to the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) of the United States at its 101st National Convention in St. Louis, Missouri, on July 23, 2014.
A life member of Albert J. Breault Auxiliary #1523 in Putnam, Conn., she joined on the eligibility of her father who served in the U.S. Navy from 1953 to 1957. She has held numerous positions for the organization, including terms as Auxiliary and District President, and as Department President, when she was named Outstanding Runner-Up President of the Year for her membership group. She is also a Life Member of the VFW National Home for Children, the Military Order of the Cooties Auxiliary (MOCA) and the Marine Corps League Auxiliary.
Panteleakos will lead the organization under the theme “Patriotism Begins at Home” for the 2014-2015 year. She will focus on strengthening membership and encouraging family – oriented activities.
On the national level she has served as National Eastern Conference Chairman for the Mentoring and Publicity programs and as Director for the Patriotic Art/Voice of Democracy program.
She is employed by Regency Heights Healthcare as the Regional Manager for Accounts Receivable.
Ann has two children, son Tyler and daughter Nicole.
WEB SITE ADDRESS CHANGE
The Auxiliary web site has a new web master. Please send anything you want put on the web page to email@example.com. Make sure it is in Word and is sent as attachment. Also please make sure there is a subject of where you want the information to go (ie Membership, Events, Americanism, ect.) If this is not possible for you to do please send it to me either by email or snail mail. THANK YOU very much Jessie Stober for all the work you have done getting this web page up and running for the Department. Jan Halverson, Department Secretary.
Auxiliary General Orders
LADIES AUXILIARY TO THE VETERANS OF FOREIGN WARS DEPARTMENT OF OREGON
GENERAL ORDERS #2
2014 – 2015 SERIES
SEPTEMBER – OCTOBER 2014
MUST BE READ AT THE FIRST REGULAR MEETING FOLLOWING RECEIPT BEFORE BEING FILED FOR REFERENCE;
THE OREGON VFW SHALL BE DEEMED SUFFICIENT AND LAWFUL NOTICE TO ALL DEPARTMENT MEMBERS FOR ANY AND ALL PURPOSE
1. Contributions are now in order for the Hospital Christmas Cheer Fund. Send your donations to the Department Treasurer and earmark for “Hospital Xmas Fund.” Donations must be received by November 30, 2013 for the money to make it to the hospitals.
2. Attention all members: Please remember that any communications for the National Headquarters must go through proper channels on the way to National.
3. Ladies Auxiliaries that fail to elect and install officers are not in good standing and are at risk of being cancelled for failure to comply with the National Bylaws.
4. TRUSTEES: Third quarter audits (July – September) are to be mailed to the Department Treasurer no later than October 30, 2014.
5. Contributions to the VFW National Home for Children Health & Happiness/Christmas Cheer fund are now due. Ten cents ($0.10) or more per member based on June 30, 2014 membership.
7. Ladies Auxiliaries are encouraged to send donations in for the Voice of Democracy and Patriot Pen program to the Department Treasurer before December.
8. September is Military Suicide Awareness Month for the Ladies Auxiliary VFW. Every member is encouraged to print out the teardrop sticker available at www.ladiesauxvfw.org and wear one everyday to promote awareness of the stresses facing our returning military soldiers.
9. LADIES AUXILIARIES: Please see that your program report forms are up to date and mailed or emailed to Department Program Coordinator, Iona Kline.
10. TREASURERS: You can now file your taxes by E-Card. Remember to file before November. Also, please send in address changes and death notices as they are received. Do not wait until the end of the year.
11. The National President, Ann Panteleakos, will make her official visit to Oregon October 11-15, 2014. Events will take place starting in Springfield then on to Albany. Schedules were handed out at the Schools of Instruction and are posted on the Oregon VFW Auxiliary Web Site.
12. All Ladies Auxiliaries shall drape their Charter for 30 days in memory of Past National President Mary Souders and Past Department President Janice Marsh who passed away .
BY ORDER OF ATTEST:
LINDA ROSE JAN HALVERSON
DEPARTMENT PRESIDENT DEPARTMENT SECRETARY