PAST DEPARTMENT PRESIDENT JOANN SEIFER passed away on March 21, 2015.
All Auxiliaries will draper the Charter for 30 days in her memory.
Cards may be send to: Georgia Baird
10110 Mieras Rd.
Yakima, WA 98901
Marion Jeffers is at HOME in Winston. Their address is under PDC Sam Jeffers. Lets continue to keep Marion and her family in our prayers.
VFW ANNUAL CONVENTION
JUNE 4, 5, 6, 2015
***ROOMS ARE FILLING UP FAST***
Convention will be held at The Mill Casino and Hotel in North Bend, Oregon on June 4, 5, 6, 2015. The rooms will be $89.00 + tax per night, the RV Park will be $25.00 + tax per night.
The address is 3201 Tremont St., North Bend, OR 97459.
Phone number for The Mill Casino and Hotel is 541-756-8800. Be sure to tell the Hotel you are with the VFW.
Get your reservations in early so you can get the rate on the rooms.
***ROOMS ARE FILLING UP FAST!!!!!***
TO: All Commanders and Presidents, Post & District Level
SUBJECT: 2015 VFW State Convention Booklet
2015 will find us in North Bend at the Mill Casino and Hotel. We have been here before so is not a new experience.
We are offering the same price as in previous years:
Full Page: $100.00
Half Page: 60.00
Quarter Page: 35.00
Honorable Mention: 15.00 (Several of you wanted an avenue to show your support so we developed this category, gives you a one or two liner in the book)
We would like to see all Districts to submit an ad in 2015. Post/Auxiliary support was good last year, but we hope for more input in 2015. We thank all for their support because this allows us to do more for you.
At your next Post/Auxiliary/District meeting, vote to send in an advertisement and support the program. Advertisements in the Convention Booklet are an excellent way to tell everyone where you are and what you do, so, be creative, tell us about your Post/Auxiliary.
Please, do not wait until the 1 May 2015 deadline to send in your ads.
Make checks payable to VFW Convention and forward to:
VFW, Department of Oregon
12440 N.E. Halsey Street
Portland, OR 97230-1927
Norman M Henshen
541-726-6686 or cell: 541-953-7874
2015 Convention Meal Program
The Mill Casino and Hotel Oregon, June 4,5,6 2015
Convention Meal Program for 2015 will cost $81.50 (This includes 3 Lunches and 1 Banquet Meal)
Lunches will be: Thursday – Meat Lasagna
Friday – BBQ Beef Sandwich
Saturday – Chicken Pot Pie
Friday Night Banquet – Breast of Chicken or Slow roasted New York Strip
Individual prices for meals will be: Lunch $17.50 and Banquet $29. On sight the meals will be $18 and $30
PDC/PDP Breakfast $12.00
(The above prices includes the 18% gratuity charged by The Mill)
DEADLINE FOR ORDERING BY MAIL IS MAY 22nd, 2015. No tickets will be sold via mail after this date.
If you are on a special diet, please let Norman Henshen know so we can notify banquet services.
If you plan to sit as a group at the Banquet, all monies and names must be sent in together.
SEND THIS PORTION WITH YOUR CHECK OR MONEY ORDER
Indicate how many: New York Strip_____ Chicken ______*Lunch_____ (Meal Package $81.50)
*40&Over________ (Auxiliary members who have been members for 40 years or more)
(40/Over Lunch is one of the three lunches)
PDC/PDP Breakfast $_____
MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO “”VFW CONVENTIONS“” AND SENT TO:
VFW Department of Oregon, 12240 N.E. Halsey Street. Portland, OR 97230-1927
If any questions please call Norman M. Henshen at 541-726-6686 or cell: 541-953-7874
LADIES AUXILIARY VFW
“In Fortitude and Loyalty”
DATE: December 12, 2014
TO: National Line Officers, Past National Presidents,
NDCMs, National Appointed Officers, Department
Conductresses and Patriotic Instructors, Department
Presidents, Sr. Vice Presidents, Secretaries and Treasurers
FROM: Jan Owens, National Secretary-Treasurer
SUBJECT: Correction—Ritual—General Instructions, page 2 and
Ladies Auxiliary VFW Floor Plans, pages 85-107
It has been called to our attention that the floor plan diagrams showing
the placement of the POW-MIA flag are incorrect; therefore, we ask
that all Ladies Auxiliaries that chose to display the POW-MIA Flag
place it immediately to the inside of the Auxiliary Banner Bearer’s
Additionally, we ask that all members be informed that the statement “If
posted, this flag is placed to the immediate right of the American
Flag” [found on page 2 of the General Instructions to the Ritual] is to be
corrected as follows: “If posted, this flag is placed to the inside of the
Ladies Auxiliary Banner Bearer’s flag.”
When the Ritual is revised, these corrections will be made to the General
Instructions and floor plan diagrams
ATTENTION AUXILIARY TREASURERS:
This notification is being sent to ensure that you are aware that a breach of security occurred with the Urban Institute’s National Center for Charitable Statistics (NCCS). NCCS handles such things for the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) as the processing of nonprofit 8868, 990, 990-EZ, and 990-N ePostcard returns. It has been reported that the username, first and last name, email address, IP address, phone number, and password associated with nonprofit organization that filed returns electronically were compromised in this incident. Other than the e-mail address and passwords, there is not any other private information such as Social Security numbers or payment information contained in these forms. The information contained in the forms that were breached is public information.
You may want to consider changing any passwords you have that are similar to the password used to file any forms with the IRS.
Any questions or concerns you may have should be addressed to NCCS:
National Center for Charitable Statistics, Urban Institute
2100 M Street, NW
Washington, DC 22192
LADIES AUXILIARY TO THE VETERANS OF FOREIGN WARS
DEPARTMENT OF OREGON
GENERAL ORDERS #5
MUST BE READ AT THE FIRST REGULAR MEETING FOLLOWING
RECEIPT BEFORE BEING FILED FOR REFERENCE.
THE OREGON VFW AUX. WEB SITE SHALL BE DEEMED SUFFICIENT AND LAWFUL
NOTICE TO ALL DEPARTMENT MEMBERS FOR ANY AND ALL PURPOSE.
1. ALL SISTERS: Please choose wisely the Sisters you elect in April for your Ladies Auxiliary for the 2015-16 year. Remember, they are representing you and our organization.
2. SECRETARIES: Please submit the Report of Election of Officers to the Department Secretary immediately following your election so that your officers will be included in the Department Roster. Please make sure to send in your warrant request in plenty of time to get it back for your installation.
3. Please be reminded that a Trustee may hold another elective office in your Auxiliary. However, a Trustee may not hold the office of President, Secretary or Treasurer. See Section 801, page 57
4. The Ladies Auxiliary President-elect shall select the Installing Officer, who must be a Past Ladies Auxiliary President or one who has held a higher elective office in the Ladies Auxiliary or a Past Post Commander. Ladies Auxiliary Officers shall be installed in their respective offices not more than 60 days prior to the convening of the Department Convention, but shall not assume their duties until the Department President is installed. (See Article VIII, Sec. 806A).
5. Delegates and Alternates to the Department Convention shall be elected at a regular meeting of the Ladies Auxiliary held not less than thirty (30) days prior to the Department Convention. One (1) delegate and (1) one alternate for each fifteen (15) members or fraction thereof in good standing in the Ladies Auxiliary at the time of election. The Delegate fees shall be paid by each Ladies Auxiliary for each and every delegate to which each Ladies Auxiliary is entitled regardless of attendance. This registration fee must also be paid by each member included in the composition of the Department Convention to be allowed to vote. The registration fee is to be sent to Department Treasurer.
6. Delegates and Alternates to the National Convention shall be elected at the last regular meeting in April. The Ladies Auxiliary Secretary shall either enter those delegates names herself online or forward the delegate form to the Department Secretary or National Headquarters for entry within five (5) days of the date of election and by May 31, 2015.
7. PRESIDENTS & SECRETARIES: All forms needed for reports on elections, delegates to District, Department and National Convention, and all year-end report forms were included in the packets you received at Mid-Winter Conference. If you were not there, the Department Secretary will be able to inform you who signed for your packet or if it was mailed to you. If you have not received your packet by the time you are reading this please notify the Department Secretary immediately.
8. Please note the deadline dates on your year-end reports. Check now to see that your Ladies Auxiliary has met all the goals for each program. Please report by the deadline so the Department Chairmen can complete their year-end reports.
9. New report forms for April 2015 – March 2016 shall be disbursed at your Spring District Meeting. If your Ladies Auxiliary is not in attendance, the Ladies Auxiliary President should contact your District President for the forms.
10. The final Council of Administration meeting for 2014-15 shall take place in North Bend, Oregon, at the The Mill Casino at 7pm on June 3, 2015.
12. Department Convention will be held at the The Mill Casino in North Bend, Oregon, on June 3th-6th, 2015. The Joint Installation of Officers will take place on Saturday, June 6th, 2015, at 6pm.
13. The Department has received word that our National Representative at Department Convention will be Cara Day, Director of Communications & Publications.
14. Please read the page of Candidate Endorsements sent to your Ladies Auxiliary at your next meeting.
15 Registration for the 2015 National Convention and its activities is now open. Registration materials are available in the VFW National Magazine and online at www.ladiesauxvfw.org. Registration for the National President’s Banquet and the 45+ Luncheon are due by May 31, 2015.
16. Resolutions that will be considered at the National Convention in July will be disbursed to each Ladies Auxiliary for their review. If you have questions or concerns please contact our National Council Member, Elizabeth Benson.
17. All ladies Auxiliaries shall drape their Charter for 30 days in memory of Past National President Connie Atkinson.
BY ORDER OF: ATTEST:
Linda Rose Jan Halverson
Department President Department Secretary
NEWS FROM THE PORTLAND VA HOSPITAL
I will try to send some information from the Portland VA Hospital each month in an attempt to increase your knowledge of what happens there.
First Portland is a true hospital, not a rehabilitation facility. The Vancouver campus handles our rehabilitation needs. Our patient base is constantly turning over. With this comes a high need for many hygiene items, as many patients do not plan their hospital visits.
We also get many Veterans entering our emergency room. They are frequently homeless and do not have warm or dry clothing. Sometimes their body temperature is below normal and just being able to give them a pair of dry sweat pants and a warm shirt becomes a medical issue. These items do not have to be new, just clean and in good condition. Socks or underwear must be new.
If you have any questions, would like to visit, or volunteer please do not hesitate to give me a call.
DEPUTY VAVS REP. PORTLAND VA MEDICAL CENTER
WEB SITE EMAIL ADDRESS CHANGE
The Auxiliary web site has a new web master. Please send anything you want put on the web page to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure it is in Word and is sent as attachment. Also please make sure there is a subject of where you want the information to go (ie Membership, Events, Americanism, ect.) If this is not possible for you to do please send it to me either by email or snail mail. THANK YOU very much Jessie Stober for all the work you have done getting this web page up and running for the Department. Jan Halverson, Department Secretary.