AUXILIARY TO THE VETERANS OF FOREIGN WARS
DEPARTMENT OF OREGON
Auxiliary General Orders
THE AUXILIARY TO THE VETERANS OF FOREIGN WARS DEPARTMENT OF OREGON
GENERAL ORDERS #2
2015 – 2016 SERIES
SEPTEMBER – OCTOBER 2015
MUST BE READ AT THE FIRST REGULAR MEETING FOLLOWING RECEIPT BEFORE BEING FILED FOR REFERENCE;
THE OREGON VFW AUXILIARY WEB SITE SHALL BE DEEMED SUFFICIENT AND LAWFUL NOTICE TO ALL DEPARTMENT MEMBERS FOR ANY AND ALL PURPOSE
1. Contributions are now in order for the Hospital Christmas Cheer Fund. Send your donations to the Department Treasurer and earmark for “Hospital Xmas Fund.” Donations must be received by November 30, 2015 for the money to make it to the hospitals.
2. Attention all members: Please remember that any communications for the National Headquarters must go through proper channels on the way to National.
3. Auxiliaries that fail to elect and install officers are not in good standing and are at risk of being cancelled for failure to comply with the National Bylaws.
4. TRUSTEES: Third quarter audits (July – September) are to be mailed to the Department Treasurer no later than October 30, 2015.
5. Contributions to the VFW National Home for Children Health & Happiness/Christmas Cheer fund are now due. Ten cents ($0.10) or more per member based on June 30, 2015 membership.
7. Auxiliaries are encouraged to send donations in for the Voice of Democracy and Patriot Pen program to the Department Treasurer before December.
8. September is Military Suicide Awareness Month for the Auxiliary VFW. Every member is encouraged to print out the teardrop sticker available atwww.auxvfw.org and wear one everyday to promote awareness of the stresses facing our returning military soldiers.
9. AUXILIARIES: Please see that your program report forms are up to date and mailed or emailed to the Department Chairman.
10. TREASURERS: You can now file your taxes by E-Card. Remember to file before November. Also, please send in address changes and death notices as they are received. Do not wait until the end of the year.
12. All Auxiliaries shall drape their Charter for 30 days in memory of Past National President Vona Houtz who passed away July 27, 2015 and Past Department President Delores Coover who passed away August 4, 2015.
13. By order of National President Francisca Guilford, the Charter of Santiam Canyon Auxiliary #5638 is hereby cancelled as of August 5, 2015.
BY ORDER OF ATTEST
ROSE MARIE ALLYN JAN HALVERSON
DEPARTMENT PRESIDENT DEPARTMENT SECRETARY
National Certified Recruiter Trainer:
I want to take this opportunity to remind you that as of August 22nd 2015 we started recruiting men into the Auxiliary. They must fill out an application and provide proof of eligibility. This must accompany their application and be investigated by the investigating committee before they sign it and present it for a vote. NO one is grandfathered in.
I foresee our membership growing greatly this year and look at all the help
we can get with our programs.
I have held two classes’s so far and plan to hold class’s in several Districts.
If you would like a class held in your area please call me and we will get one scheduled. I can help you set up a recruiting table and work with you. Recruiting new members and retaining our membership is the life blood of our organization. Our new application is on our web site and also on the National web site, please use this one and get rid of the old applications.
Iona Kline, NCRT
This is what the new form for Membership Applications will look like. To get the forms please go to the National Website. I have tried to put in on here so you can copy it but it is not working this is the best I could do it will at least give you an idea of what to expect on the new forms.
MEMBER/TRANSFER APPLICATION PLEASE PRINT CLEARLY Recruited by: _________________________ VFW Auxiliary HQ REVISED 8‐15
Auxiliary No. _________ City ___________________________ State ________
Member ID (If already a member) __________________ Annual Membership Life Rejoined Previous Member No. ___________________, Previous Auxiliary _________
Member‐at‐Large Life Member‐at‐Large in Department of ___________ or in National
Name _____________________________________________________________ Date of Birth _____/ _____/________
Address ____________________________________________________________________ Male ____or Female _____
City _____________________________________________________________ State _________ ZIP ________________
Phone ( ______) __________‐_______________ E‐mail___________________________________________________
POST AFFILIATED: (*Must be a member to the VFW Post affiliated with the Auxiliary to which you are applying.) Relationship ________________ to Eligible Veteran* _____________________________ VFW Membership ID ________ NON AFFILIATED: (*Veteran is not a member of the VFW Post affiliated with the Auxiliary to which you are applying.) Relationship ________________ to Eligible Veteran* ___________________________ VFW Post ________(If applicable) LIFE MEMBER TRANSFER, Previous Auxiliary _______________ (Note: Eligibility proof and investigating committee not needed.) Accepting Treasurer’s Signature ___________________________________ Date _______________________
ANNUAL TRANSFER, Previous Auxiliary ________________ Paying _____ or Nonpaying________? (check one) ANNUAL TRANSFER CONVERTING TO LIFE, Previous Auxiliary ___________ (Fill out Life Membership information below.)
Name of campaign ribbons or medals: __________________________________________________________________ Foreign Service ____/_____/____ to ____/____/____ Location: ______________________________________________
I attest that I am a citizen of the United States or a U.S. National, and am at least 16 years of age. I further state that I believe in God. I pledge to comply with the National Bylaws of the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States Auxiliary. I attest I am not eligible for membership in the VFW. I further state that the above is true and correct to the best of my knowledge.
Applicant’s Signature _____________________________________________________ Date _____________ Investigating Committee: 1) ______________________ 2) _________________________ 3) _______________________ Per Section 102 of the National Bylaws. Rejected Election Date______________ Obligated Date_______________
LIFE MEMBERSHIP Check here if this is a gift. Card will be mailed to the Auxiliary Treasurer Payment:
Cash Check Visa Mastercard Discover Life Membership Fee $__________
Name on credit card ______________________________ Billing address for card _____________________________ City _____________________ State _______ ZIP _______
C. C. # __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ CVV Code __ __ __ Exp. _____/______
OBLIGATION In the presence of Almighty God and the members of this organization here assembled, I do of my own free will and accord, solemnly promise that I will never wrong or defraud this organization nor a member thereof nor permit either to be wronged if in my power to prevent it. I will never propose for membership any person not eligible, according to our Bylaws. I further state that I believe in God. I will be faithful to the United States of America, obedient to the laws and loyal to the Flag. Should my membership with this organization cease in any way, I will consider this obligation as binding outside of the organization as though I had remained a member. I do so promise.
(Must be signed by all members.)
LIFE MEMBERSHIP FEES Attained age at 12/31 of year applying for Life Membership.
Through 20 $220
91 and over $50
ALL OF THE NATIONAL RESOLUTIONS AND RITUAL CHANGES ARE AVAILABLE TO VIEW ONLINE ON THE NATIONAL WEBSITE. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS LOGGING ON TO THEIR SITE PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL JAN HALVERSON, DEPT SECRETARY, FOR ASSISTANCE.
WEB SITE EMAIL ADDRESS CHANGE
The Auxiliary web site has a new web master. Please send anything you want put on the web page to email@example.com. Make sure it is in Word and is sent as attachment. Also please make sure there is a subject of where you want the information to go (ie Membership, Events, Americanism, ect.) If this is not possible for you to do please send it to me either by email or snail mail. THANK YOU very much Jessie Stober for all the work you have done getting this web page up and running for the Department. Jan Halverson, Department Secretary.