New Membership Applications are available on the National Website. Please make sure you are using the new forms while recruiting new member.
Mid Winter Hotel and Banquet information is located under Events-Upcoming Events and in the Newsletter portion of the website, both are located under the News tab.
Yvonne is still in the hospital in Corvallis.
Please send cards to Good Samaritan Hospital:
3600 NE Samaritan Dr.
Corvallis, Or 97330
Or to her daughter:
391 NE Valley Ridge Lane
Newport, OR 97365
Please keep her in your prayers.
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE WHITE CITY WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTING WOMEN’S CLOTHING!!!!
Please be sure to send me any changes in your President, Secretary, Treasurer or change in your Auxiliary dues, as soon as the change happens. Also please send a copy of the change or correction to National Headquarters, the address for National is on the bottom of the form. This is very important!!!!!!! If you have any questions fell free to call or email me.
AUXILIARY TO THE VETERANS OF FOREIGN WARS
DEPARTMENT OF OREGON
THE AUXILIARY TO THE VETERANS OF FOREIGN WARS DEPARTMENT OF OREGON
GENERAL ORDERS #3
2015 – 2016 SERIES
MUST BE READ AT THE FIRST REGULAR MEETING
FOLLOWING RECEIPT BEFORE BEING FILED FOR REFERENCE
THE OREGON VFW AUXILIARY WEB SITE SHALL BE DEEMED SUFFICIENT AND LAWFUL NOTICE
TO ALL DEPARTMENT MEMBERS FOR ANY AND ALL PURPOSE
1. The annual Mid-Winter Conference, Voice of Democracy Banquet, and Council of Administration Meeting will be held January 23-24, 2016, in Newport, Oregon at the Shilo Inn. Please do not wait until the last minute to make reservations and order your banquet tickets.
2. Audits for the period ending September 30, 2015 are past due. Please submit immediately if not already on file.
3. Department Standing Rules will be presented and acted upon at the Council of Administration meeting January 24, 2016. The Council of Administration will begin at 8AM.
4. ATTENTION AUXILIARY SECRETARIES: It is a transfer member’s responsibility to secure a statement from the Auxiliary in which she/he previously held membership advising that continuous membership was held at the time of transfer, giving date of election to membership and certifying continuous years of membership. This statement must be signed by the Auxiliary President and Treasurer. Please refer to Nat’l Bylaws’ Sec. 113,113A, 113B.
5. Please check to make sure your Auxiliary has sent a donation to National Military Services fund. Remember, even the smallest donation counts.
6. Cancer Aid & Research contributions (at least $2 per member) are to be sent to the National Headquaters. Don’t wait until March and realize you haven’t made a donation, send it now.
7. Please check to make sure your Auxiliary has sent a donation in for the Voice of Democracy and Patriots Pen Scholarships. Donations are due to the Department Treasurer by January 15, 2016 to be awarded this year.
8. The National Auxiliary VFW Mid-Winter Conference will be held February 9-14, 2016 in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. Registration information is available online at www.ladiesauxvfw.org under NEWS/EVENT INFORMATION.
9. Auxiliary members are reminded that the emblem of the Auxiliary belongs to the National Organization. No one shall manufacture or have manufactured or reproduced the emblem without written permission given by the National President. Please refer to the National Bylaws Sec. 1004.
10. All Auxiliaries will drape their Charter for 30 days in Memory of Past National President Juanita Crowe-Durbino who went to her heavenly home on October 6, 2015
BY ORDER OF ATTEST
ROSE MARIE ALLYN JAN HALVERSON
DEPARTMENT PRESIDENT DEPARTMENT SECRETARY
Veteran and Family Support Fundraiser
We are asking once again for each District in the Department of Oregon to provide one basket for a Silent Auction to be held at the State Convention at the Kah-Nee-Ta Resort and Spa in Warm Springs June 8 through 12, 2016. All proceeds from the Auction will go to the National Veterans Services and Veteran & Military Support Programs.
Need some ideas for themes? How about a wagon filled with gardening supplies; a colander filled with kitchen items; a basket of goodies for “game night”; a large popcorn bucket filled with “movie night” snacks; a “road trip” basket filled with snacks and activities for the road; an assortment of lottery tickets; fill a basket with chocolate items; an ice bucket with a wine selection, the possibilities are endless! Of course you don’t have to have a theme for your basket. Just fill something with random items that you think people might be tempted to bid on.
Please ask each Auxiliary in your District to provide something for the basket and bring it to Convention. Let’s raise some money for these important programs and have fun competing to win something fabulous!
WEBSITE CONTACT INFORMATION:
Please send anything you want put on the web page to email@example.com. Make sure it is in Word and is sent as attachment. Also please make sure there is a subject of where you want the information to go (ie Membership, Events, Americanism, ect.) Thank you, Chris Website person