We are looking for persons willing to become line officers. We will have openings for Guard and Conductress/Conductor for the year 2020-2021. If you are interested in running for these positions, I will be allowing 3 minutes for you to speak at our Mid-Winter. If you decide to run, you will need to send out a letter to:
All auxiliary secretary’s, line officers, district presidents, and past department presidents.
The letter should include something about yourself, how long you have been a member, positions/chairmanships you have held, and your vision for the Department of Oregon. The letter should be sent soon after mid-winter.
Line officer requirements
- Must be a member in good standing.
- Willing to follow National By-Laws
- Able to be bonded.
- Be a team player.
- Treat all members with courtesy and respect.
- Be aware of the cost of becoming a line officer. These are not paid positions.
- Willing to be a chairman for programs.
- Willing to represent the dept. at District meetings when asked.
- Attend Training Academy. We only pay for gas mileage to and from Academies, no hotel included.
- Attend mid-winter and state convention.
- If possible, attend the National Convention and Western Conference.*
- Willing to learn your position and/or program.
Once you become a line officer your life will be on display. You have become an ambassador for the Department of Oregon.
It is imperative to be professional in dealing with others and treat others fairly and impartially.
*You do receive a small stipend for these events. The stipend is increased for Junior Vice, Senior Vice, and Presidents year. You are required to attend all auxiliary business meetings, to receive any money.
OREGON VFW AUXILIARY
The Oregon VFW Auxiliary was founded for the soul purpose of serving those who have protected our country and see that they are protected in return. How do we achieve this goal?
By reaching out with help in communities across America.
Offering innovative program
Standing up for veterans rights in Washington, D.C.
We can’t do this without your generosity.