LADIES AUXILIARY TO THE VETERANS OF FOREIGN WARS
DEPARTMENT OF OREGON GENERAL ORDERS #1
2014-2015 SERIES, JULY-AUGUST 2014
MUST BE READ AT THE FIRST REGULAR MEETING FOLLOWING
RECEIPT BEFORE BEING FILED FOR REFERENCE;
THE OREGON VFW SHALL BE DEEMED SUFICIENT AND LAWFUL
NOTICE TO ALL DEPARTMENT MEMBERS FOR ANY AND ALL PURPOSE
- Having been duly elected at the 86th annual convention of the Department of Oregon Ladies Auxiliary to the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States, in accordance with Section 801,804,804D Article VIII of the National Bylaws and having been legally installed, the undersigned hereby assumes the office of President, Ladies Auxiliary to the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States Department of Oregon.
- By virtue of the power vested in me as President, I hereby declare all previous Ladies Auxiliary appointments null and void. Current elected and appointed officers and chairmen can be found in your 2014-2015roster.
- Dues may be collected on continuous members and reinstated members, and new and life members may be accepted as of July 1, 2014. Please see that all dues are remitted to the Department Treasurer in a timely manner. NO DUES NOTICES WILL BE SENT FROM NATIONAL!
- Ladies Auxiliary Secretaries: Please report immediately any change in the name or address of the President, Secretary or Treasurer of your Ladies Auxiliary. Changes are to be reported to the National and Department Secretary.
- Please check deadline dates for Voice of Democracy, Patriots Pen, Patriotic Art and other contests in the works.
- Please get your contributions of $2 per member for Cancer Aid & Research and $1 per member for Hospital sent in as soon as possible. Remember, monies must be sent in on ALL members-annual and life.
- Please send monetary donations for Ladies Auxiliary programs to the Department Treasurer and earmark all checks appropriately.
- Ladies Auxiliary School of Instruction will be held in Pendleton on 8/2/14 at 10AM,Molalla 8/9 at 10AM and Winston 8/23 at 10AM. All members should plan on attending a School of Instruction as there are once again changes occurring during the upcoming year. Ladies Auxiliary Treasurers-Please bring your kit that you received from National with you to the School of Instruction for use and review during the Treasurer’s workshop.
- TRUSTEES: Second quarter audits(April-June) are to be mailed to the Department Treasurer no later than July 30,2014.
- Attention Ladies Auxiliaries: the program Coordinator for 2014-15 is Iona Kline. If you did not receive a new reporting form at Department Convention, they will be available at the Schools of Instruction. In the meantime, reporting forms should be mailed to Iona at 658 S 57th #28, Springfield, Or 97478.
- The National President’s Homecoming is scheduled for September 11-14, in Mystic, Connecticut.
- Ladies Auxiliaries shall drape their Charter for 30 days in memory of Past National President Lola Reid who passed away in May.
- By order of National President Armithea “Sissy” Borel, the Charter of Peninsula Pep Auxiliary #1325 is hereby cancelled as June 10, 2014.
BY ORDER OF ATTEST:
LINDA ROSE JAN HALVERSON
DEPARTMENT PRESIDENT DEPARTMENT SECRETARY