National Programs & Communications Director
Cara Day joined the staff of the Ladies Auxiliary VFW in 1999, as Assistant Editor for Ladies Auxiliary VFW Magazine. She now serves as Editor‐in‐Chief of that publication. She got her degree in journalism from the prestigious William Allen White School of Journalism at the University of Kansas.
She manages all public relations and publications for the Ladies Auxiliary VFW, as well as their social media presence. In addition, she oversees all the programs for the National
Organization, always with an eye on the future.
Her eligibility for the organization is through her grandfather, a World War II veteran who served in the Philippines, and she is very proud of her brother‐in‐law’s service in the U.S. Air
Force and also of her mother‐in‐law, a retired Army Reserves Colonel.
Cara, her husband, Eric, and their two children reside in Olathe, Kansas, where she often trains for road races, like her participation the Bataan Memorial Death March alongside many
ALL OF THE NATIONAL RESOLUTIONS AND RITUAL CHANGES ARE AVAILABLE TO VIEW ONLINE ON THE NATIONAL WEBSITE. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS LOGGING ON TO THEIR SITE PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL JAN HALVERSON, DEPT SECRETARY, FOR ASSISTANCE.
EIGHTY SEVENTH ANNUAL CONVENTION
VETERANS OF FOREIGN WARS
THE MILL CASINO & HOTEL
NORTH BEND, OREGON
Wednesday, June 3rd
1 pm –4pm Registration Salmon Room East Foyer
4 PM Practice Salmon Room West
5 pm–7pm Social Hospitality Room
7 pm–9 pm C/A Meeting Spruce/Cedar Room
Thursday, June 4th
8 am–11am Registration Salmon Room East Foyer
9 am–11:30 Joint Opening Salmon Room West
11:30 Lunch Hazel–Willow–Beargrass Roon
1 pm–4pm Registration Salmon Room East Foyer
1 pm–4 pm Business Session Salmon Room West
(Presentation of Flags and Banners)
4 pm–5pm Memorial Practice Salmon Room East/West
7 pm Joint Memorial Salmon Room East/West
Friday, June 5th
7am PDC/PDP Breakfast (No Host) Spruce Room
8 am–10am Registration Salmon Room East Foyer
8am–Noon Business Session Salmon Room West
(10 am–Greetings from other organizations)
(11 am–Memorial Service)
11:30 am Lunch Hazel–Willow–Beargrass Room
1 pm — 2pm Registration Salmon Room East Foyer
1 pm–4 pm Business Session Salmon Room West
6 pm–7 pm No Host Bar Salmon Room East/West
7 pm Awards Banquet Salmon Room East/West
Saturday, June 6th
8 am–9:30 pm Registration Salmon Room East Foyer
8 am–11 am Business Session Salmon Room West
(10 am–Nomination & Election of Officers)
11:30 am 40 & Over Luncheon
11:30 am Lunch Hazel–Willow–Beargrass Room
12:30pm–2 pm Business Session Salmon Room West
4 pm Joint Installation Practice Salmon Room East/West
6 pm Joint Installation Salmon Room East/West
6:30 pm Reception Hospitality Room
Sunday, June 7th
7:30 am Line Officers Spruce/Cedar Room
8 am Incoming District Presidents Spruce/Cedar Room
9 am C/A Meeting Spruce/Cedar Room
If anyone would like to take donation items for the Roseburg VA to Department Convention at North Bend in June, I will have my Explorer that we can fill up with items. Just let Fran Polmateer or myself know and we will be glad to take whatever we can.
VFW ANNUAL CONVENTION
JUNE 4, 5, 6, 2015
***ROOMS ARE FILLING UP FAST***
Convention will be held at The Mill Casino and Hotel in North Bend, Oregon on June 4, 5, 6, 2015. The rooms will be $89.00 + tax per night, the RV Park will be $25.00 + tax per night.
The address is 3201 Tremont St., North Bend, OR 97459.
Phone number for The Mill Casino and Hotel is 541-756-8800. Be sure to tell the Hotel you are with the VFW.
Get your reservations in early so you can get the rate on the rooms.
***ROOMS ARE FILLING UP FAST!!!!!***
TO: All Commanders and Presidents, Post & District Level
SUBJECT: 2015 VFW State Convention Booklet
2015 will find us in North Bend at the Mill Casino and Hotel. We have been here before so is not a new experience.
We are offering the same price as in previous years:
Full Page: $100.00
Half Page: 60.00
Quarter Page: 35.00
Honorable Mention: 15.00 (Several of you wanted an avenue to show your support so we developed this category, gives you a one or two liner in the book)
We would like to see all Districts to submit an ad in 2015. Post/Auxiliary support was good last year, but we hope for more input in 2015. We thank all for their support because this allows us to do more for you.
At your next Post/Auxiliary/District meeting, vote to send in an advertisement and support the program. Advertisements in the Convention Booklet are an excellent way to tell everyone where you are and what you do, so, be creative, tell us about your Post/Auxiliary.
Please, do not wait until the 1 May 2015 deadline to send in your ads.
Make checks payable to VFW Convention and forward to:
VFW, Department of Oregon
12440 N.E. Halsey Street
Portland, OR 97230-1927
Norman M Henshen
541-726-6686 or cell: 541-953-7874
2015 Convention Meal Program
The Mill Casino and Hotel Oregon, June 4,5,6 2015
Convention Meal Program for 2015 will cost $81.50 (This includes 3 Lunches and 1 Banquet Meal)
Lunches will be: Thursday – Meat Lasagna
Friday – BBQ Beef Sandwich
Saturday – Chicken Pot Pie
Friday Night Banquet – Breast of Chicken or Slow roasted New York Strip
Individual prices for meals will be: Lunch $17.50 and Banquet $29. On sight the meals will be $18 and $30
PDC/PDP Breakfast $12.00
(The above prices includes the 18% gratuity charged by The Mill)
DEADLINE FOR ORDERING BY MAIL IS MAY 22nd, 2015. No tickets will be sold via mail after this date.
If you are on a special diet, please let Norman Henshen know so we can notify banquet services.
If you plan to sit as a group at the Banquet, all monies and names must be sent in together.
SEND THIS PORTION WITH YOUR CHECK OR MONEY ORDER
Indicate how many: New York Strip_____ Chicken ______*Lunch_____ (Meal Package $81.50)
*40&Over________ (Auxiliary members who have been members for 40 years or more)
(40/Over Lunch is one of the three lunches)
PDC/PDP Breakfast $_____
MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO “”VFW CONVENTIONS“” AND SENT TO:
VFW Department of Oregon, 12240 N.E. Halsey Street. Portland, OR 97230-1927
If any questions please call Norman M. Henshen at 541-726-6686 or cell: 541-953-7874
LADIES AUXILIARY TO THE VETERANS OF FOREIGN WARS
DEPARTMENT OF OREGON
GENERAL ORDERS #6
MAY – JUNE 2015
MUST BE READ AT THE FIRST REGULAR MEETING FOLLOWING
RECEIPT BEFORE BEING FILED FOR REFERENCE.
THE OREGON AUXILIARY VFW WEB SITE SHALL BE DEEMED SUFFICIENT AND LAWFUL NOTICE TO ALL DEPARTENT MEMBERS FOR ANY AND ALL PURPOSE.
- THANK YOU TO THOSE Ladies Auxiliaries that helped sponsor a Patriot Art entry.
- The first Council of Administration meeting for 2015-16 shall be held Sunday, June 7, 2015 at The Mill Casino and Resort in North Bend, OR.
- Department Officers who will not be attending Department Convention must notify the Department President immediately and must mail their Department badge to the Department Treasurer (insured). Those failing to return their badge will be charged for the cost of replacement.
- Any Ladies Auxiliary failing to have four (4) consecutive audits for 2014-2015 on file with the Department Treasurer and complying with Section 814 of the National Bylaws, the office of President and Treasurer bonded, and other financial obligations or supply money to National Headquarters, will be denied voting privileges on all levels. All rights shall be promptly restored upon proper adjustment of such deficiencies. See Section 309, page 37.
- Please make sure the Report of Election and Installation of Officers is mailed immediately after the Installation of Officers to the Department Secretary or input online by the Auxiliary Secretary in accordance with instruction received from the Department Secretary
- Department Officers and Chairman: Please mail any vouchers you have to the Department President ASAP. All vouchers must be in by May 20th unless related to the Department Convention expenses.
- Ladies Auxiliary Schools of Instruction will be held in Molalla on 8/1/15, Sutherlin Community Center on 8/8/15 and Pendleton on 8/15/15. All members should plan on attending a School of Instruction as there are more changes occurring during the upcoming year.
- There is no proxy voting in any Auxiliary elections. (See Demeter’s manual).
- All auxiliaries are to Drape their Charter for thirty days in Memory of Past Department President JoAnn Seifer who went to heavenly home on march 22, 2015
BY ORDER OF: ATTEST:
Linda Rose Jan Halverson
Department President Department Secretary
WEB SITE EMAIL ADDRESS CHANGE
The Auxiliary web site has a new web master. Please send anything you want put on the web page to email@example.com. Make sure it is in Word and is sent as attachment. Also please make sure there is a subject of where you want the information to go (ie Membership, Events, Americanism, ect.) If this is not possible for you to do please send it to me either by email or snail mail. THANK YOU very much Jessie Stober for all the work you have done getting this web page up and running for the Department. Jan Halverson, Department Secretary.