Hello to all,
Chief of Staff here well I have been getting calls about starting new Auxiliaries and here are the
Top 10 Reasons for Your Post to Have an Auxiliary:
10. Offers valuable assistance with event preparation.
9. Assists with “Buddy Poppy” drives.
8. Opens the door to potential members.
7. Assists in recruiting and retaining members to strengthen the Veterans of Foreign Wars.
6. Provides events and volunteer opportunities for veterans’ family members.
5. Boosts the Post’s visibility in the community by being involved in more local activities and events.
4. Increases Program participation and helps spread the word on scholarship and youth programs.
3. Presents an opportunity to serve more veterans, active-duty military, and their families.
2. Increases the number of advocates to fight for veterans’ rights and benefits.
1. Positively reinforces the values and beliefs of the Veterans of Foreign Wars.
Make sure your audits are sent in on time. If you need more time to finish your audits please call our Department Treasurer Sonya Sallee.
Audit Reports Period 1/1 – 3/31 due by 5/31 Period 4/1 – 6/30 due by 8/31 Period 7/1 – 9/30 due by 11/30 Period 10/1-12/31 due by 2/28.
Be sure you are holding at least ten business meetings per year. Between July 1 and June 30
If you cannot hold a meeting please let Madam President Debra Wright know.
If any auxiliary need help, please do not hesitate to call Chief of Staff Cathy Lindsay or our Department President Debra Wright our numbers are in the roster. We are here for all of you.
A quote from William James, “Act as if what you do makes a difference. IT DOES.”
Department Chief of Staff