Greetings Brothers and Sisters,
October already. Have you been busy helping other organizations in your community? Have you hosted a Blood Drive for the Red Cross? How about served Meals on Wheels? Both fall under the Auxiliary Community Outreach Program. Did you donate time and effort to your community for wildfire evacuees? Community Outreach. Have you done any of the below:
- Gather food supplies for those who have been displaced due to the fires or your food bank
- Collected items for donations, clothing, bedding, toiletries, pet food, etc.
- Served meals on the fire lines or at evacuee shelters
- Assisted city leaders with paperwork for tracking evacuees
- Assisted in preparing county fairgrounds to house evacuated livestock
All of these qualify under the Auxiliary Community Outreach Program. I know many of you have participated in these activities. Please submit the number of Auxiliary volunteers and the hours in a report. Remember monetary donations do not count in this program. It is all about the volunteers and the hours.
I have not received very many reports for my program, and it will be April before you know it. Please, please, please report your time. Again, if you are not sure if it qualifies report it and let me figure out whether it qualifies.
Chairman Auxiliary Community Outreach Program
Department of Oregon
91727 Sunnyside Road, Warrenton, OR 97146